Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Update March 18

We had a little bit of an unsettled week...but all is o.k. My blood pressure jumped up abnormally high for me this week and my hands have been swelling a little too much for comfort. Sunday morning I woke up to a hand that looked like it belonged to the Michellin Man! It took about 2 hours to return to a normal size and feeling. Monday is when we discovered that my blood pressure was rising. Pre-eclampsia is what the doctors have worried about since we discovered that Addi has triploidy. My blood pressure has always been so low that we didn't fear it...BUT we were wrong. Yesterday, we went to the doctor for my weekly appointment, and they ran some labs to check for pre-eclampsia. So far, they are not overly worried...but are keeping a close eye on me. We have strict instructions for what to look for and how to know when it is taking a turn for something more serious. As of right now, my doctor gave me permission to continue with work...but I am suppose to drink lots of water and get lots of rest. My on-the-go lifestyle will have to take a detour...at least until Addi arrives. We want to give her every fighting chance available, and that means me taking it easy.
Addi seems to be growing...or at least my belly still is! Her heartbeat was low this week at 127, but the doctor said not to be too concerned. We are here in the last couple weeks and I am sure that the anxiety we are feeling has something to do with my blood pressure rising. I am hoping that I can get some good rest over the next few days and get back to feeling a little better. Keep praying for Addi and her precious life!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Well...I guess that means I will have to bring the treats to you! Let's make a date to hang out at one of our houses and make chocolate/peanut butter milkshakes!

I hope that your bp gets better. I pray for you, Addi, and Kenny every night. I hope you know how many people love you and are praying for you out there...people you don't even know love you! Keep holding on - you are my hero! I love you so much!
- DJ